2011 Fire Season Roadshow – Spring and Fall 2013
We will sponsor field trips to some of the most interesting southwestern fires of the 2011 season. Local managers and/or scientists will accompany our groups to show us the unique aspects of each fire we visit.
Coming early fall 2013!
- Started May 29, 2011; 546,1463 acres
- Intense fire behavior
- Extensive BAER
Fires we visited Fall 2012:
- Started June 12, 2011; 27,792 acres
- Watershed Restoration
- 297,845 acres
- Interactions with past fires
- Watershed effects
- Rehabilitation efforts
- Fire effects on Desert grassland and Madrean Pine-Oak
- Suppression and BAER strategies
- Pre-fire Treatment effectiveness
If you have ideas, information on the above fires, or would like to lead a group on a 2011 fire with which you are familiar, contact us!